The Internship Program
The Costa Rican Times has put together an all encompassing intense 4 week intern program (must be between 18 and 50 years of age) for everyone that is thinking about being a part of the journalism field. Not only will you get a foundation in many aspects of journalism (video/TV, article writing, radio, social media, much more), you will grow as a person learning life’s lessons abroad.
There are various internship programs in Costa Rica, but this the Costa Rican Times Journalism Internship Program differs in so many ways than the other programs, especially the journalistic opportunities in Costa Rica.
1. Location - This is the only all inclusive journalism program in Costa Rica based at the beach. You will not be wasting time stuck in traffic in San Jose going to and from meetings and classes. Costa Rica is known for its beaches and why not experience the true Costa Rica away from San Jose crime and pollution?
2. All Inclusive - This is the only journalism program in Costa Rica that offers all three major fields of journalism; radio, print (articles), and TV/Video. You will get a taste of all of them during your time in Costa Rica. Most people do not know which field they want to be a part of on their professional path. The Costa Rican Times Journalism Internship Program will give the interns the opportunity to be involved hands on in each of this areas.
3. Housing - You will not be put with a local host family where you may or may not have a positive experience or get along with your family. You will be placed in housing with the rest of the interns. Interns are surrounded by a support program to make them comfortable and help them grow personally and intellectually.
4. Networking - The network that the Costa Rican Times Journalism Internship Program program will allow the interns to enter runs from local businesses to multi-naitonal organizations. Having these connections are invaluable for all interns that preform at a high level during the program as recommendations for employment can reach the highest levels.
5. Job Placement - Due to the fact that we work with companies in the area and that we are always looking to add talent to our pool. The program has the ability to provide local housing for interns to continue working in Costa Rica in growing media outlets as well as our recommendations for several companies back in the USA will open doors to high achieving interns.
6. Professional Staff - All key staff are professional entrepreneurs from the USA or Canada. You will not be surrounded by anyone that does not have a wealth of knowledge to share with the interns to show them how to achieve success through hard work and creativity. The interns will be mentored through out the entire program.
The Costa Rican Times has taken years putting all the pieces in place for it’s internship program to be the most successful and growing program one can find abroad. If the intern is dedicated and work hard during the 4 week intensive program that will have a job waiting for them at the end.
To get in touch with one of our qualified representatives to talk more in depth about our program you can fill out the form below or use any of the contact info below. We will also send via email the intern guide that breaks down the program in PDF format.
The Costa Rican Times looks forward to speaking to you and your parents about our program in the land of Pura Vida
The Costa Rican Times
Calle Hermosa, Playa Hermosa – Next to Vida Asana
Telephone USA: +1 954 606 5866
Telephone Costa Rica: +506 8971 4206
FAX: +1 954 653 9856