Achmat Hasiem - Great White Shark Attack Survivor
This Week in Costa Rica will feature each week a news portion in which Dan and Rico (qCostaRica) will talk about the happenings in and around the land of "Pura Vida". With over 30 years of living in Costa Rica between the two it give a unique insight into life in CR.
This week Rico and Dan discuss about various topics and news in Costa Rica.
1. Adjusting to Daylight Savings Time in Costa Rica
2. The Turrialba Volcano Eruption
3. Children Killed Due to a Fire Caused by Playing with Matches
4. Jairo Mora Trial Trial Update & Witness Protection in CR
5. Expansion of the Toll Road (Route 27) between San Jose and the Pacific Coast
6. Things you wish you had shipped or brought to Costa Rica
This is followed by an interview with Achmat Hassiem who is a great white shark attack survivor that now uses his voice for shark conservation & other environmental issues. Hear about what he experienced that fateful day when he lost his leg and how he has used what some would see as a disability to become someone that motivates and inspires anyone that has the pleasure of meeting him.
From Nov. 4-9, Achmat attended the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS) in Quito, Ecuador where it was agreed upon to put into action plans to protect various species of sharks.
For more information about this program, or to become a guest or sponsor, please write in at email@example.com. Thanks for the support of our wonderful sponsors; Robert Clark Insurance, Anti-Aging and Wellness Clinic, and Outlier Legal Services.